By Pastor Ademola
I visit www.cacworldwide.net on regularly basis. But today I came across a subject of significant titled; "The Significance of October 11th for CAC." Inasmuch as I appreciate this contribution, I am struggling to agree with the concluding remark; I quote; "So prophetically, CAC is an 11th hour Church. She receives the same blessing as those who came earlier, such as the Methodist and Catholic." I will like to encourage more of inspirational contribution as well as balanced theology.
In the Bible, you will agree with me that number in Scripture communicates supernatural design of great spiritual significance. There is not much with respect to the number, "11" in the Bible but what there is, is significant, particularly, when the number in question is considered as a factor.
1. The Dukes of Edom were eleven in number (Gen. 36:40-43)
2. The Eleven Sons of Jacob told us of the disintegration and disorganization in Jacob’s family
3. From Horeb to Kadesh Barnea was a journey of eleven days (Deuteronomy 1:2). One more day could have brought them the experience of wonders of completeness.
4. Eli, Hophni, and Phinehas have their gematria the number 462, the factors of which are 11 & 42. This also told us of the disorder in Eli’s house, and of disintegration in Israel.
5. Jehoiakim reigned eleven years when Nebuchadnezzar came up and began the disintegration of Jerusalem (2 Kings 23:36; 24:1; 2 Chron. 36:5-6)
6. Sedekiah reigned eleven years when Nebuchadnezzar completed the disintegration and put an end of the rule of God’s people in Jerusalem, and in the eleventh year the city was broken up (2 Chron. 36:11; Jer. 52:1; 34:2)
7. Ezekiel prophesied against Tyre in the eleventh year (Ezek. 26:1)
8. Ezekiel prophesied against Egypt was in the eleventh year of Zedekiah (Ezek. 30:20; 31:1).
8. The eleven Apostles told of disintegration even amongst the Twelve (Acts 2:14, …)
9. The eleventh hour of Matthew 20:6,9 is proverbial and most conservative theologians have come to see it has been contrary alike both to what is right in order and arrangement (Bullinger, 1967)
10. The life of our Lord on Earth was about 33 years (3X11), but it was violently "cut off," and "we see not yet all things put under Him" (Dan. 9:26; Heb. 2:8)
11. The eleven hundred occur only twice in the Bible, depicting days of defective administration, landmark by the ugly fact that there was "no king." (Judges 16:5; 17:2). You will remember that Dan and Ephraim were two offending tribes who made the image with the eleven hundred shekels. Both are omitted from the tribes in Rev. 7 in accordance to the declaration of God in Deut. 29:18-20, that anyone who introduced idolatry into Israel shall be severe punished, and I quote; "the LORD shall blot out his name."
Obviously, if ten is the number for the perfection of Divine Order, then eleven is an addition to it, Bullinger called this; "Subversive of and undoing that order." If twelve is the number for the perfection of Divine government, then eleven falls short of it. Thus, whether we regard it as being 10+1, or, 12-1, which is the pattern of Bible’s numerology, the number 11 is the number, which marks DISORDER, DISORGANIZATION, IMPERFECTION, AND DISINTEGRATION.
With reference to Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide (CAC), this is my submission; the CAC from inception until 1983 was of gematria number 10, from 1983 particularly after the death of BABA LATUNDE- CAC gematria stepped into number 11. My prayer now and that of my group is for the revival that will bring Divine government that will usher CAC into the golden season, which was God’s promise to the great Revivalist Joseph Ayo Babalola.